How to Restore Damaged Carpet
Tips for Repairing Carpet Fibers
Whether you're selling your home, renting or just rearranging furniture, those crushed carpet fibers on your rugs
or floor covering can be an eye-sore. But, what to do? Relax! With our easy fix, you'll soon know how to perform instant surgery on those damaged carpet fibers. Just follow the simple steps of this carpet care tip:
- Place a few ice cubes in a bowl.
- Placing ice cubes about 2" apart, set them along the dented areas or where a piece of furniture was set.
- Allow the ice cubes to rest on the carpet until they completely melt. This can take anywhere from several hours to overnight.
- Let the carpet dry completely.
- Vacuum the affected areas.
- Crushed carpet fibers should return to a normal, upright position. Try fluffing with fingers if carpet fibers are still lying down.
- If needed, reapply ice cubes.
- Please read below before trying on any carpet.
- Always test an inconspicuous spot with one ice cube first. Lift the corner of carpet to make sure water hasn't damaged the flooring below.
- Be cautious of wood floors. Moisture may damage the wood, so always test first.
- Do not use this method on any hand-dyed rug, antique carpet, or a delicate or valuable rug. Also do not use on fibers that are not compatible with water cleaning.